Sunday, July 19, 2015

New Beginnings and My Legacy Library Project

First, you should know I am shutting down my old blog, The Cottage Bookseller (see link below blog archives).  I am also shutting down my very quiet book selling business.  I posted about this on the old blog.  It is time to begin a new journey in my reading life.

I have spent the past few weeks adding books I own to the online site LibraryThing.  Two hundred and eighty so far, with at least one thousand to go!  I am very impressed with the scope of LibraryThing.  If you are a reader and own a lot of books, LibraryThing is a good way to keep your library organized.  One of the features I discovered is "Legacy Libraries".  Here is a link to the page.

LibraryThing Legacy Libraries

As I enter books I see that LibraryThing tells me if I share a book in common with a historical figure whose library has been entered into LibraryThing.  As a real book geek, I find this very interesting.  Wheels begin to turn and the next thing you know, I realize there is a path to follow to actually read the books in my library.  I am calling this path My Reading Road Map, and Ta Dah!, my new blog.

I am going to read and write about books I have in common with Legacy Library writers, musicians, artists, and other historical figures.  I will also write about the people and jump on to any discovery about connections in time and place.  There will be posts about great literary fiction, nonfiction, biography, travel, food, art, music, and life in general.

Let's travel this Road together.  I promise many delights, digressions and detours.  We leave right now!


1 comment:

  1. Congratulation sis on your new reading adventure. I am glad to tag along!

    ReplyDelete