Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Adding Books to LibraryThing

Today is an admin day.  The goal is to add 50 books to my online LibraryThing database.  The more books in the database, the more I can see what I have in common with my favorite Legacy Libraries.

Stack One -- Done!

The old brown book with no cover on the spine is from the original 3,000 volume library I purchased in 1977.  I wrote about the library here:

In 1977 I Bought a 3,000 Volume Library

I am excited to share the old brown book with you but I need to read it first!

Stack Two - - Done!

We will be talking a bit about Arctic Dreams tomorrow, just a bit though as I am reading it now.

Stack Three- - Done!

As you see, I am working through the "reference" section of my library right now.  There will be future posts about London maps and British rail journeys.

Stack Four - - Done!

Now that was some heavy lifting.  Not to mention heavy reading!  I do love looking through reference materials though.  And I wrote about the Roget's Thesaurus you see in this stack here:

Ralph's Roget's Thesaurus

My husband gave me the Oxford English Dictionary set for my birthday one year.  This is the same man who moved my 3,000 volume library at least four or five times.  I am a very lucky woman.

Stack Five - - Done!

More books about books.

OK, I met my goal of 50 books today, actually entered 52.  Now I need a cool drink and my recliner!




1 comment: