Thursday, July 30, 2015

From the Sublime to the Ridiculous and Back Again

My last post left you here:


SUBLIME

I have returned home and it is HOT and DRY here today, and apparently will be so for the near future.  So, I am hunkered down indoors with the AC, my iced tea spiked with blackberries (one of the perks of summer around here!) and busy adding books to my LibraryThing database.


Stack 1

Today I am working on my cookbook shelf in the study.  It is too much hot work to haul them into the room with the photo chair so I am just stacking them up next to my computer here in the study.  I just took a break and see that the thermometer says 99 degrees!  The forecast is for 104 degrees today.  RIDICULOUS!


Stack 2

If you notice a distinct slant to French cooking, you would not be wrong.  I like to try recipes from around the world, but I definitely LOVE French cooking, especially cooking from the South of France.  More about that some other time.

Finally, I mentioned the awful heat wave we are having.  Here is a bit of beauty mixed into the RIDICULOUS!


SUBLIME






No comments:

Post a Comment